Monday, May 12, 2014

Online Furniture Shopping

Furnishing a home is tough work! It's expensive too, and in a perfect world we would have every piece that we want, when we want (yesterday), where we want it. But, the beauty of not being able to do that is giving us some time to be flexible and realize what it is that we truly want in our house, what we're willing to splurge on, and prioritize those rooms and items that we really want and need. I'd say our priorities have already shifted since we moved in, and we ended up getting a couple of our key items off the list early, so we find ourselves kinda cruising right now. But that's what happened to our neighbors too, they said. They did a lot in the first couple months, and they've kinda slacked off for a bit. We're already in that position, but we're okay with it.

The next items to come in our list of priorities: 

Living room coffee table - right now we have the glass one, which is so pretty! But we're finding that it's not so functional for the space that we've turned our living room into. We hang out upstairs a lot more than I think we planned on. We watch a lot of our shows upstairs (in the living room) instead of going into the basement. We want our living room to reflect more of a comfortable and casual kind of place, so we're thinking a wooden type piece, something like this: 

Coffee Table from World Market


Love the Coffee table - image from arhitekturaplus

Dining Room chairs - we have a set of 4, plus two dining room tables, but I'm not so much a fan of the chairs. They're not the nicest (they're pretty), but just not what we're going to want long-term. I thought about how cool it would be to resurface an older set, if I found some at an estate sale, antique shop, etc. But I'm not sold on that anymore. Instead, here are a few options I thought of: 


Dining Chairs #2

Dining Chairs #2 by krista-montes featuring italian furniture

The patterned ones would be the heads of the table (although i'd like something pretty different for the heads, maybe with arms, or semi-arms. 

Also, an accent chair for the living room is what I'd love right now to create a reading nook of sorts with a cute side table and a basket for magazines/blankets, etc. But again, we're needing to find a rug that we love too. All in due time... 

My point really for this post was to showcase the websites I frequent for furniture, and to gather other input as well. What other sites (fairly priced) am I missing out on!?

Hay Needle (love their styleboards)
Stores: Target, Kohls, C&B 2, West Elm (sometimes, usually their sale section)

What other ones are good? I'm sure I'm forgetting some off my own list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment