Monday, May 5, 2014

First Home DIY Project

So I try to refrain from using iPhone photos, but I don't know when I'll get around to posting about it this, and I have other things in the queue! So here it is, my first DIY project in the new house. I'm not sure what triggered me wanting to do something so quickly, but I was in the Spring mood and wanted to jazz up the house since the Easter flowers were dying. I've always loved wreaths but really only saw them at Christmas time. I then went on Pinterest and saw so many Spring wreaths so I decided I'd give that a shot. I know I've said it before that I'm really not a very creative person when it comes to crafting, so this was a big thing for me. I looked up a couple ideas online then went to Michael's to see what I could find without spending a lot of money.

I knew I wanted flowers of some kind, and Ashland was having a huge 50% sale on their spring stems, so I bought some. A couple that were in my basket weren't their Spring collection though so they were pretty pricey. "No thanks," I said. So I bought a couple stems, a rustic bow, wreath and wreath hanger. After I return the flowers I didn't use, it probably will have cost me around $12. After I got home, I remembered that I had leftover flowers from our DIY wedding cocktail table centerpieces, so I gathered those up and used those instead. I just cut the stems, stuck them into the wreath, tied the bow and called it a day. I thought about adding the letter "K" to the other side, but for now, I love the way it turned out!




No comments:

Post a Comment