Monday, January 13, 2014

Design Trends for 2014

I thought I'd take this rainy, yucky Sunday and reflect on articles I've read about the design trends I should be looking out for in 2014. (And I'm also trying to find reasons NOT to go downstairs to the gym). I read one article and completely disagreed with the "color of the year" being Radiant Orchid. I'd love to hear your thoughts, but I just don't think I could make it work. It's too.. bright for my taste. I like Paloma, but that's about it.

On the other hand, I am absolutely head-over-heels with this House Beautiful trends read. Between interchangeable accents, vintage pieces, navy (&blues in general), traditional design, mix and match, black & white which Mr. K will be thrilled to learn. I have to say though, which will make my life so confusing, but the top three trends I'm most excited for are the interchangeable accents, vintage pieces and the traditional design. I have so many ideas for rooms, and as I'm reading these trends, I realize the vision is a combination of all of these. Light grey walls, drapes down to the floor, two accent chairs to bring in different colors, mix n' match pieces in our office and guest rooms... the list keeps going.

We're getting closer though to picking wall colors for the main floor and bedrooms (and no, the house is not even quite finished yet)  but we wanted to get a head start so we didn't have to waffle back and forth and wait forever to paint. Sure, we'll have to take into account the warranty on the walls, and wait until the foundation sets to do anything to the walls, but we're willing to make that sacrifice.

Some of the things I just love:
(Photo Credit: Taken from Pinterest 
Right Migonis Home)

We've had some pretty exciting movement on the house in the last couple of weeks; can't wait to post the photos this week, and even more to come next Monday!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment